Sunday, May 4, 2008

Chocolates

One of the best things in the world -- Chocolates. But one thing you should know, no two chocolates are equal. Not that one chocolate is better than the rest -- it still depends on the person who appreciates it.

I, for one, loves dark chocolates more than anything else. I like milk chocolates depending on their type and quality and make. I don't like white chocolate -- I still believe they're not chocolate at all. But I like chocolates in general.

Top of mind chocolates include:

1. Truffettes de France!!! The most amazing truffles coated in cocoa powder that truly melts wonderfully in your mouth. My uncles always bring some everytime they visit us from Vancouver, but I discovered they have a store in Shangri-la. My officemates from San Miguel would testify to how heavenly these chocolates are. I'd have to warn you on two things though. These truffles are a little bit expensive. And, they melt really really easily in our climate so you have to put them in the fridge immediately.


2. Royce chocolates. Their chocolate-covered potato chips is something unique, and really good. There's that salty sweet taste that you will always crave for. I was also able to try the Bitter Nama Chocolate from Royce. Very rich dark chocolate, dusted with cocoa powder. Each piece satisfies more than anything else.


3. Godiva Chocolates. Another one of those expensive chocolates. So far I have tried a few pieces of their truffles and their tiny chocolates (the ones that range from milk chocolate to 80% chocolate, the really bitter type). They're good... but I haven't had enough to be able to say a lot about them. Maybe I need more. :p


4. Andes Mint Chocolates. I love mint chocolates, and this one tops my list in this range. They're just slim, tiny chocolates packed with so much mint and chocolate flavor. I just can't get enough of these.


5. Ferrero Rocher. One of my all-time favorite. The sweets consist of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with nutella/hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts (description from wikipedia). I also love the gelato (italian ice cream) version of it that I found in Vancouver.


6. 3 Musketeers. Simple pleasures. Chocolate bars with a fluffy chocolate nougat filling in the middle. It is the chocolate bar I like the most.



7. M&Ms. Who doesn't love these little candy-covered chocolate treats? They have so many varieties now, but the classic is still the best. I also like the one with peanuts, and the dark chocolate and mint chocolate versions.


8. Kisses. Also a popular favorite, like M&Ms. Rich and creamy smacks of chocolates wrapped in foil. I particularly love unwrapping them. I like the ones with almonds inside too.


Well, there are also chocolates I particularly don't like. I've mentioned white chocolates already. I also am not fond of chocolates with fruit fillings, like cherry or coconut, or whatever. I'm not a fan of Toblerone, but I will eat them nonetheless.

Note: Pictures taken from their respective sources online (can't remember them all actually)

No comments: